Pages

June 3, 2011

Tuition Class

I'm currently teaching in a tuition center. My students are just a few. My pay? Definitely not much. I think the pay is nothing if I consider the cost of me going to the tuition center twice a week. It's not that far, just approximately three miles from my house. But, before or after my teaching, my dad always buys me foods -bakso-kuih-muih , drinks - Red bean shake, and stuff. Yeah, I should start taking into account all these expenses. What else can I say...I'm a spoiled brat!

Before I go to my first tuition class, I studied real hard because I don't know what chapter they are on at that time. I'm not provided with informations I needed. I went there, and I just realized that the teaching material should be provided by the tuition teachers themselves. My math work book definitely outdated--erkkk... Malay version yooo! I can't give them that for sure. So I end up teaching the previous chapter that they have learned from the previous teacher. Never mind, I just hope that it will do some good to them. At least, they will understand more, I hope. Before going to the second class, I went to a book store to buy a work book for the class.

Out of all my students, the one that stands out the most is a talkative naughty little boy. I just realized how immature boys are in that age. Urrggghhhh... It's just doesn't makes any sense at all to think that boys at that age already have a girlfriend! Are you kidding me? I think of myself when I was at that age. I considered myself as mature at that age, but actually I was not. I always too self-conscious, as I always think of myself as wise and definitely a grown up girl during my secondary school age. How funny! Too see the behaviors of my students has gave me the realization that I am also like them during that age and I just can't believe that!

One of the students always support the naughty boy above by the mean of....LAUGHING OUT LOUD. He laughs whenever the boy above teasing another boy (the boy that insists , he wants to become a woman). There's one girl at my class but she is rather passive. But she is smart.

The favorite student of mine definitely the handsome young man that always give me reason to continue smiling and giving my best to teach them. He always says something inspirational out of the chaos in the class. He used to say to me, " Cikgu, ajar kami sampai pandai ya cikgu.." and last night he said, " Nanti kalau aku sudah kerja, aku yang jaga adik-adikku." In my heart, I'm like, "owwhhhhh...so sweet..". He said this after the naughty boy tease the other boy, saying that he should be a woman to buy his parents car and house in the future. Errkkk... If just you know by what means. Iskkk... I gave the boy (the bullied boy) a talk last night, hoping that he will made up his mind to make good decision. I think, what he is lack of is a man's influence in his life as his father has passed away. I said to him nicely that he should not think of being a woman as it is wrong. It's a sin to act like female when you are not.

So, the question for this post is, "How many student is in Ikin's tuition class?" I've mentioned all of them above. Hehehe..

It's interesting to teach in this class. I hope that this experience will give me more understanding towards life and people, as well as to support my trip to Singapore next month. Hehehe..:-D

No comments: