Pages

February 13, 2012

Privacy

How long to know a person before you can trust him/her? This is a really subjective question that you can't answer with a number of duration, although the question is directly referring to it.

I've met a woman same age as me in the airport last month. (I have now decided to refer people of my age as "woman".hahahaha). I chatted with her for about 30 minutes, then she said that she wants to go to the toilet. She asked me to hold her boarding pass and IC for her and watch her belonging when she's gone. This kept me thinking.. How can she trusted me for all that when she has only knew me for 30 minutes. Off course it was an honour you know, the fact that people trust you just by your appearance and how you present yourself. But don't you think that it's a bit overwhelming?

Sometimes people told me a lot of things about themselves while they have only knew me for a short period of time. Yeah, it's kind of fun to know all these. But shouldn't people be more careful on exposing themselves to other people?

Me, used to write really personal emotion-related notes in this blog. Finally I realized the importance of not exposing too much of myself to people especially stranger. How I finally appreciate privacy and will be really disturbed if I know someone tells other people about me. Realizing that some strangers knows what I like to and my habits kind of creeps me out now. Suddenly I become somewhat paranoid about it. hahaha.. Despite of that, I still write in this publicly-accessible blog. Then when people know something about me, I will start thinking ,"Have I written that on the blog?"

Reminder for myself : Save some of the private details for yourself. You will be thankful later. :-)

No comments: