Pages

September 8, 2010

Days before raya

So, here we are-2 days before raya. For sure, everyone out there must be busy organizing the house, baking raya cookies and even preparing for special meals. Me? I'm lying in front of the TV, doing almost nothing. Checking the info on astro on what's going to be on air next~~. Wishing that it's going to be any of my favourite tv shows up next.

People bake cookies, I spent the past few days eating cookies as much as I can. Almond London is all mine. The square cookies which I don't know what the name is, it just taste like cheese. Besides cookies, I also eat a lot of rempeyek and keropok pisang.

Basically, I just eat and sleep. I wonder what will I do if I'm now at my home in Tawau. My mom must have ask me to do a lot of chores. I must be busy baking and organizing all the cookies and put them into nice glass container, ready to be served to the guest. Huh~~, it must be wonderful.

It's a two-week-holiday I'm talking about here. It just seems such a waste for me to spend this holiday meaninglessly here. Assignments? Just don't want to think about them at this moment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The last day before raya holiday, Fina gave me a Kad Raya. Ifah already gave me one days before Fina. I'm officially stuck in the situation where I'm the one who haven't give them any. So, two of them allied  and  "force" me to give them each one.haha... They want to have music card.

With unbearable guilt, I rode on my motorcycle, heading to Sungai Dua gate to go to the nearby stationery shop. As soon as I arrived, I found out that I didn't bring my purse. I don't even have a single penny with me. Luckily, I have my ATM card, I went to the nearby ATM, which is in front of the library to withdraw just RM20. I went back to the shop, and choose the musical kad raya with appropriate wish on it. I avoid those which have too "lovely" words crafted on them.

I wrote on those cards as soon as my hand reached my bed(I wrote on the bed). I try to not let them look like a chain letter or something. Just try to write simply word and not let myself carried away by them. But I admit that writing kad raya is real fun! I wrote them with smile on my face, hoping that they will  happy as I am when reading them.

After finish writing, I glued the card into their envelope. I asked for Fina's room number and quickly went upstairs to her room. She started tearing off the envelope with me not even leaving yet. She even bring up things like the glue haven't dry and stuff. Then I leave her room, smiling. On the same day, her roomate told me that "they" have read my kad raya and they laugh. I just sooooo ashame. My mind kept tracking back on what I've wrote on it.hahaha...

Whereas for Ifa, I just leave the card at some corner in the Tekun's building. She fall asleep then I couldn't meet her to give it personally.But I think, she's happy to receive it.

Haha... That's all. I think the post should be entitled " My process of giving people kad raya" instead of the above.

Anyway, I don't think people will read the whole post either. But definitely you should read the following:-

"SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI & MAAF ZAHIR BATIN''

1 comment:

kiorsly said...

I wonder what r u write down on the card raya tu kin.. hehe.. btw, ko raya mana tahun ni kin??