Pages

November 9, 2010

Primary School

My primary school mathematics teacher used to say to us that 80% of us will have hesitation to say hi when we meet her in the future. She said that it is because of the doubt that she may not recognize us.

When I heard that, I said I'm not in that statistic. I was convinced that my teacher will remember me because I'm UNIQUE and I always score in her subject.

Finally, the moment came by... I met her in a supermarket at the junk food and biscuits section. I just stand there. I watched her closely.. I want to say hi but the doubt came to me.. Will she remember who I am? I'm now wearing hijab, totally grown up, no longer wearing the weird spectacles. I'm even think that I'm now taller than she is. Will she remembers me?

Then, she went by.. I'm still there doing nothing, only my mind that keep on thinking about the appropriate things to do. But nothing was done. I reminisced the years when she taught me mathematics and her tears when we graduated from primary school.

I should not have did that to her. Even if she forgets, I should have shown my respect to her.

No comments: