Pages

July 16, 2010

Reference books..


Take a look at the picture above. It is a list of books that we are suggested to buy for this semester. As you can see, the grand total of the books are RM1248 (after discounted). So, here I am, looking at this piece of paper, with a mechanical pencil in my hand and an eraser besides me, marking the book that I want to buy. When I hesitate, then I will erase the mark that I've just written and start thinking again and marking again.Nasma said just now, I'm so stingy to spend on books.

Actually there are several things that made me hesitate. I've promise my lil' brother something worth RM300 and he had been waiting a year for it. Plus, I don't really like to read reference books. (I love lecture notes,It's compact and just little to read). But if I think wisely, there are many reasons JPA gave the amount of scholarship to us. One of them for sure is to buy BOOKS. But again, here I am thinking to cut short the spending on BOOKS and more on other NOT REALLY IMPORTANT THINGS. 

Years back when I'm in primary school, I still remember, in my class there's only 8 pupils borrowed books through the Skim Pinjaman Buku Teks(SPBT) and near the end of academic session it's compulsory for us to erase all the things that we have written in all those text books. I erased all that until my fingers became red and swell. I was studying in a Chinese school and you can see why there's not much pupil borrowed text books. By the time, the text books that I needed to buy is worth less than RM150. But still, my parents can't afford it(4 siblings studying and only my dad goes to works with salary  just about RM1000) Now, situation completely different, my dad is still working and the salary of senior police nowadays is okay. My brother have got a job. Plus, I'm on scholarship. 

Seems like everything changed so drastically.....(I'm still can't believe that I'm 21)

But still, it's thousands ringgit worth of books I'm talking about, here.(Senior said that all books are useful and some are really important until we graduate and work). Maybe I will just buy half of the listed books.

Hmmmmmm.......I must decide.

2 comments:

Cyneez said...

Ikin..haha.. Aku pn gitu ba, mo fkir btul2 dlu beli barang.. Tp klu beli mknn, NO hesitate..huhu.. Ermm, pa pun think wisely k! Gud luck.. =)

Ikin said...

thank you my friend..