Pages

June 20, 2010

The tears.

I just read my friend's post about her childhood "crying" memories.You can read it here.

It reminds me of the same things happened to me when I'm in form 1. I'm so vulnerable at the time. Crying seems familiar to me.Not in front of anyone, It's just when my dad's around(I really don't know why).It's all due to the new surrounding after entered the secondary school. Actually, the district education office located me in to a all-girls secondary school here in Tawau. But, I did not want to go there because my brother and my sister keep on teasing the school as "sekolah janda". So, I told my dad that I didn't want to go and by all means, he must get another school for me. With his friend's help and my average UPSR result, I got into a well-known secondary school for excellence in my district, that is SMK Tawau.

I just registered into the all-girls secondary school, paid all the fees but luckily somebody replaces my spot and pay her fees to me in return. I never have my school session in that school.

My first day in SMK Tawau is kind of weird. The first weird part is, we only got there by 3pm although the afternoon session of the school is supposed to be at 12.45pm.(my dad took this easy) Then, we go to the "Penyelia Petang"'s office to finalize my registration. By the time, they haven't divided the students according to their academic performance in UPSR. As I registered late, I was sent to 1 Harmonis class. You know? How many alphabets it is from A to H? Yes,the 8th class and it is the last class in form 1.

I went into the class with my dad. (my dad used to be my loyal partner) After I got into the class, there's no chair left for me to sit. I went out from the class searching for my dad and I started crying. Perhaps due to the fact that they don't give me a CHAIR.Haha.. After sometime, the Penyelia Petang himself ask somebody to get a chair for me.

I sit on that chair for less than 30minutes I guess. Then, my dad "steal" me out from the school.(as the first day of school, it's all about the registrations,P&P do not really takes place).My dad brought me to a Kedai Kopi. We ate some langsat, drink some cups of Milo Panas, my dad smokes his cigarette(at that time, now he gave up on that now) there. After some time, he took me back from the school and he took me back from there as the school session finishes.Hihihihi...Such a weird memory to share.

The second "nonsense crying" session takes place also in the same year. I'm still new with the school bus. It's not that I never got into a school bus before, but that I need to wait it for a long time and walk to that waiting place. I met some new friends during the bus-waiting moment. There's one time, where he mistakenly thought my bag is his(due to the same blue colour) so he took it home. He is riding the other school bus which arrives earlier than mine. As a result, I have to carry his home and hopefully we can switch the bags the next day.

As soon as the bus drops me at my neighbourhood, I saw my dad on his motorcycle. I got to the motorcycle and start crying .I told him about the bag. (I got onto the motorcycle for him to take me near my house that's just about 15 foot steps away from where the bus drops me). Funny right? How wonderful my father was and he still is. Can I really be as patient as he is? Always there for me to listen for my cry and laugh. Do many things for me. Asking for help from his friend to got me into a new school, although the reason I didn't want to be in the first school is barely because afraid of the word "sekolah janda"?

I'm not a good daughter. I don't deserve to have you as a dad. How can I not be grateful for having you as a father for all the things you have done to me all these years?

I love you dad. I do. Happy father's day.(tears is coming out)

2 comments:

Afiz Totens said...

nice & funny entry..

happy fathers day to Encik Mazlan..

:-D

Nabila Mohd. Shaffie said...

syok! haha...bila teringat rase mau gelak kan?? haha..