Pages

June 6, 2010

Peria

Peria @ bitter gourd dish

I've attended 3 wedding celebrations during this holiday. It is not really much compared the invitations that my parents got.Surely school holiday season will be synonyms with wedding. People get married when there's school holiday and surely there's no school holiday when someone get married.hehehe..enough of that. In every celebration that I went, there are bitter gourd served as part of the main dish. I'm just wondering, why??

It's not that I ask this because I don't like bitter gourd although it's true. Why all the sudden, people in Tawau liking bitter gourd anyway? It is shocking for me at first, because people here never serve it before this , you know. But now suddenly it became meal of choice in any celebrations.

As the name tells, it's bitter. I thought it is unripe mango at first and i took it in a vast amount(I blame the lighting for this) then I realized that it's bitter and ughhhh..You can imagine that for sure.

I was thinking like, is this vegetable suddenly have drop in it's price or what?

No comments: