Pages

June 26, 2010

Bike

I'm not a fan of old/antique stuff excepts of few old notes of RM1 and RM2 that still in my wallet(yes,I use a wallet) just for collection.I'm proud to have it.

Years back, my brother went to Lahad Datu just to buy an old non-working vespa. First, he bought it just for RM600. But the cost to take it from LD to Tawau is another case. He send the vespa to his friend's workshop and they did everything they can to restore its function and to make it look new. After years of work and thousand ringgits of money spent, it finally function well and my brother is really proud of it. He even send it for display in a Tawau motor show.

Now, the vespa is ready to be used anytime. But the problem with this antique motorcycle stuff is its can't be use as hard as the new one. You can't ride it for a long journey. It always breaks down or have problem when you ride it too often and the maintenance took a lot of my bro's time and money. When it breaks down, it once again need to be taken to the workshop and definitely my lil' brother will be the one who suffers because my elder bro is working at the peninsular and not here.

As I think about the cost of restoring the function of this junk and replacing each of it's accessories. I definitely will say that it will better just to buy a brand new car. My interest is more to real estate, not vehicle. I still don't understand why my bro love this hobby anyway..

My lil' bro. My elder forced him to wash these.

No comments: