Pages

August 8, 2010

Lunch?eeee....

I just got back from "Round Island" with some PERSIS members.It's an annual activity to introduce juniors some famous places in Penang. It's not as interesting as when I was in the first year. Yeah, off course. I've been going to some of the places multiple times. Nothing new there for sure.

The first destination is the Kek Lok Si. This is my first time but I'm not that excited to climb up the stairs all the way up the temple. I've less stamina now. Too much sleep I guess. The next destination is the Penang Hill. But without us even knowing that it's actually closed for some upgrading works. Such unfortunate.. Other destinations include around KOMTAR, Rumah P. Ramlee,Botanical Garden,Standing buddha Temple and another Thai temple(I forgot the name). 

The most interesting part of all is when we went to lunch at a real famous Nasi Kandar Stall. There are too many people lining up to eat Nasi Kandar there. At beginning, I thought it must be reasonable in price because so many people are there, but the price is actually beyond my prediction--RM7.10(exclude drinks, better eat KFC). During the waiting, lining-up in a queue, we saw some facts about that Nasi Kandar stall that makes us want to close our eyes just to PRESERVE our appetite..

-First, we saw the cook talking and yelling loudly to one another when he is actually cooking.(We bet there must be saliva dropped into the cooking) 

-Next, we saw another staff holding hati ayam masak lada with his bare hand. I can still can tolerate if the food he was holding is fried and dry. But this one, it's like gravy but still....I don't wish to continue this part. 

-Then, Cath saw another worker simply took water from the tap(without boiling) plus it with ice, and it is ready to be served as AIS KOSONG. huhuhuhu... This is not western country. We don't trust the cleanliness of the tap water!

All of us keep on laughing, simply can't believe what we have saw. But still, we keep on lining on the queue, nothing can stop us to ease our hunger at that particular time.wahahahaha... So, there we are, eating like monsters with a big slice of chicken on our plate. Everyone there all looks like humans with BIG APPETITE with that size of chicken on everyone's plates!


Near Rumah P.Ramlee 

 Kek Lok Si

 Taman Botanical

This maybe the LAST TIME I will be eating there again!! No...no...Anyway, we got an extra experience to share now. It is a really awkward, funny, disgusting experience for Cath,Gwen,Amani,Nad, Arthur and me. Guys, do you wish to go and eat there again? Wahahahaha...

No comments: