Pages

August 14, 2010

UPU

When I was browsing through my academic files last sem break, I found a printed piece of paper of my UPU application. I look at it and wondering what was I thinking when filling the application. How can I be such under-knowledge on what I’m supposed to take based on my academic performance.  I said to myself that I must write a blog post about this. It’s just crazy to think that if I’ve got my second choice, I will definitely regret it .Plus, there are some other weird selections that I don’t know why I chose those.

The printer other colour ink has run out when I printed this. just blue and black left.

I still remember, few days after I have finished my matriculation, I went to my school to take the official SPM certificate and I went to see my chemistry teacher and I asked, “What is the best course to take in university?” My chemistry teacher just told me to choose whatever I’m interested and have passion in. I’m clueless. I have nothing on my mind. I can have interested in so many things as long as I’m good at it. I just thinking about learning something, I don’t really care as long as I continue my study and learn something and get a job afterwards. I asked my friend, Ramadana who was studying TESL at Maktab Gaya at that time. I told her that I want to take engineering course. She gave me a devastating fact that female usually left out in this field. She said that it’s hard to get a job. I’m just kept on thinking and it’s real hard for me to decide.
 
Few days before the due date of this application, I asked my sis:  “what do you think about pharmacy?“ She answered: “ok jugak”. Immediately, I put it on my first choice and that’s what I’m taking now and I’m glad. I thank Allah for this.
 
Now, I really think that parents should guide their children on UPU application. I know that parents usually give excuse that they will just let their children to choose based on their interest. I just realized something. Actually, when I’m at that age, I don’t really know what “interest” really means. I thought that interest is almost equivalence to “something that I’m actually good at”. At that age, some of the teenagers don’t even know much or don’t even have a clue on things that they said they are interested in. How can they decide? That’s why parents should guide but not to force them to choose a specific course. Just give them some suggestions on what is good and suitable for them. This is just my opinion.hehehe..
 
P/S: tighten & strengthen your fist and move on and don’t look at the road that you have past, because there is no turning back. (Because it’s a one-way highway. hahaha)

No comments: