Pages

May 30, 2009

Tooth Paste Issue..

Did you notice contradictory between different brands of toothpaste commercials in tv these days? I wouldn't notice it if someone hasn't told me about the "floride issue".

Few weeks back, someone asked me about the brand of toothpaste that I used.I just answered him truthfully, and he eventually tell me about the negative effects of toothpaste that contains floride. I started to give him feedback by telling him that I have growing till this time, all my childhood I've been exposed with tv commercial that stated,floride is GOOD for teeth. I can't simply change my mindset about it. He started to give me many websites url about this issue.. I surfed a few, it was quite convincing and once, I have try to look for the toothpaste without floride while shopping for groceries with my mom. Unfortunately, I can't find any.. Then, I started to ignore the issue, still using toothpaste with floride, the same brand that I have used as long as I can remember.

My friend told me that when we brush our teeth,off course we will swallowed some of the toothpaste, and if the tooth paste contains floride, that means we swallowed some amount of floride EVERYDAY. Floride is toxic for body in a large dose. Due to the consumption of floride daily, plus drinking the tap water (mixed with floride during the filteration process), there is a high risk that our body accumulate a large amout of floride that eventually leads to many health risks.

He suggested some brand of tooth paste that not contain floride. As I said earlier, I've tried to find it, but I didn't manage to get one.Maybe I don't really give real effort to that.

Why don't you all start to focus on tooth paste tv commercial these days....
There is one brand of tooth paste commercial that emphasize about the NO FLORIDE in their product possibly because of this issue and another one shows a scene where a customer have problem with their teeth because all these days they have used NO FLORIDE tooth paste, then a man wearing a white coat started to give advice and suggested that they should use XXXX brand of tooth paste because it contains FLORIDE which is GOOD for teeth..So, which one should we believe then?

There's an episode of CSI where a wife consumed two packs of EXTRA-FLORIDE tooth paste, and she dies due to overdose.I've discussed this with my bf, we do believe that overdose of floride can kill someone, but about just brushing teeth can cause health risk?? I have not believe in it totally..Still in search for an answer.

I will look for more information about these issue. When talking about BELIEVING, I think it should be EVIDENCE-BASED. Shouldn't it?

1 comment:

JENNtheexplorer said...

hurmm... pelik. so brand pa yg kawan ko introduce tuh ckin?? yg teda fluoride tuh..