Pages

May 30, 2009

Another Issue..?

I go to town today with my mom and sister. When we passed through a groceries store, my mom being greet by a chinese aunty, a friend of my mom and also the mom of my primary school classmate, Hii Yii Yew..Nothing more exciting than talking about our studies..She told me that that his son is now studying at HELP University, somewhere in peninsular,study law..and I told her about mine also..Luckily I still understand chinese language well..Haha..and be able to talk also.

Then, the aunty started to talk about the opportunity for chinese to enter matriculation college under KPM. and she said that just a few of S.M. St. patrick chinese student be able to enter it..and she asked me, whether there are lots of chinese back in my matriculation academic session and I said that there's quite a number but there is a "kuota" for non-bumi to enter the matriculation.

She started to say that government don't like them because they don't be supported financially by the government.I just kept quite and a little disagree with that statement and my mom started to say simply say that,because you all got lots of money maa, unlike us..need to depend on the government's help. Hehehe..Then the aunty said, you see..I have to carry all these boxes (filled with stuffs) to earn money to support my children's studies.(For your info, she owned that groceries store).

I noticed that chinese prefer to enter private college and that's why it costs a lot..and also they don't prefer to take LOAN unlike us which need to borrow money to further study..There's no difference, it is only the matter of paying the fees now or later..and also, private college or government's.To enter government university is not difficult, it is only the matter of interest to proceed study there..If they can't get into matriculation under KPM, they still have form 6, there is no "kuota" for non-bumi in form 6.The aunty is very friendly though..

To know the truth, we must hear from both side right? I think about the aunty's complain and I also have my own personal thought on this issue..Training myself to think rationally..:-)

So...What do you think?

2 comments:

JENNtheexplorer said...

betul tuh shikin..

btw, shikin, np ko x tukar2 lg url blog aku dlm bloglist ko tuh.... aish...

Ikin said...

Dah aku tukar jen..Hehehe...
yang ubat gigi org tu suggest jenama HPA & jenama mukmin..tulah payah mau cri tu..