Pages

October 14, 2010

Charity work

I've done something I thought I will never ever do. Because I'm shy of a lot of things, although maybe some of you didn't noticed.

I've participated in a charity donation for Tawau Project in USM. I've did something beyond my limit. Walking with a big box on my hand, collecting donations from table to table during the 1 Malaysia Hari Raya Celebration in USM. I accomplished something that I'm somewhat proud of. Because, I actually not really " an instant people-person ". I have to know you for quite sometime in order for me to smile to you when I meet you. Yeah..

This project is actually to collect donations for flood victims in Tawau Sabah. To be exact, in Kampung Pasir Putih Tawau. . This charity project is organized by Jazz band USM with collaboration of many organization including PERSIS.. They aim to collect RM60,000. It has been going on for almost two months now. The final event will be a charity concert next Thursday.

I uploaded some photos of that night. Our Ministry of higher education was also there.

The entrance

From where I parked my bike.wakaka..(the white one is not mine)

Our table

Alvin, my partner for the collection

Find out how you can help:
http://tawauproject2010.wordpress.com/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

great job girls/guys. We really appreciate it!