Pages

October 1, 2010

Family

There are many things that I've taken for granted all these years. Before being far away from my home, I'm spoil. Everything in my house from chores to clothes are handled by my mom. She did all the laundry, sometimes hand-wash some of it, hang them outside to dry, fold them neatly and put them in to each of our drawers. Things that used to be "nothing" to me when I'm home, is eventually become a big deal for me when I'm far away from home. I have to spend my time on doing the laundry. I care for the weather changes just so that all my clothes will be dry. I'm upset when the rain falls ; happy when the sun shines.

When my mom cooks a lot of foods ,but I wasted large portion of it. Simply saying that I'm full or bored of the type of food. Now, when I'm alone and hungry. I often wish there's a plate of home-cook meal for me served on the table before I even awake from my sleep. Hmmmm...

I used to complain when no attractive meals was on the dining table when I'm at home. Now, the food that considered as "unattractive meals" for me is the one I am longing and craving for. Sometimes, I feel that nothing can fulfilled the taste that I want in a meal. I kept on missing my mom's simple cooking. My tongue is so used to her cooking until nothing can taste better that hers.

I used to be disturbed by my dad's karaoke-ing hobby. He put the hi-fi on  high volume and singing the oldies with all his heart. How I wish that,  I can hear it now and claps to him as he finished, as a kind of support.

I used to burst to anger when my bro unstoppably teasing me with all the nicknames. I still remember when I'm too angry then I wet his face with a glass of water. How I wish I'm now with him. I will let him tease me as often as he wants. I wouldn't mind.

I used to feel uncomfortable in a queen size bed with my sis beside me. I feel my movement during sleep is restricted with her by my side. Now, I'm sleeping on a single bed but how I wish that I can hug her during my sleep.

I used to bored by my younger brother's stories about school, activities and stuffs. Now, how I wish that I can hear all of it with full concentration and verbally support him on everything that he does.

Don't know why, I miss my family so much tonight....I just can't wait to go home and spend time with all of them....

No comments: